The Mesa Public Schools Governing Board is the elected body that governs the district. The five Board members welcome comments and participation from the community for the support of children.
The Board sets policies for the administration of the district and oversees the superintendent who is responsible for the day-to-day operations.
The five Board members are elected by the voters of the district and serve a four-year term without pay. Each January, the Board selects a president and clerk to serve for the calendar year.
District business is conducted at regular meetings which are generally held on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month. The Board welcomes your attendance.
- Select the superintendent
- Establish for the district
- Upon the superintendent’s recommendation, approve personnel issues
- Make decisions on district resources
- Adopt the annual district budget
- Request and interpret opinions from the community about education
- Communicate with the community about the needs and progress of the district
: Arizona State Legislature - A.R.S. Title 38, Chapter 3, Article 3.1